Thursday, January 1, 2015

Murcielago - (2014) Murcielago

Murcielago, a new band outta Portland, Maine have just released their self-titled debut album. And I'll be damned if this one didn't creep up on me and grab me by the short and curlies. From the production down to the little nuances and little acoustic intros this album hits my sweet-spot.

I'm guessing Murcielago is named after the Lamborghini, which is a fitting name. Polished, high quality testosterone fueled rock is what you get here. The guitar tones emanating on this recording, mixed with the In-your-face drumming is what does it for me. Tons of fuzz is apparent, Truckfighters and Fu Manchu fans will eat this up.

It's clear that this album is meant to be heard as a complete piece, and every track flows stupendously into the other with precision and finesse. Sure this has the new stoner rock sounds running amok, but it also has some cool Hendrixy guitar solos and grungy bits and pieces as well. Borrowing from every decade of music and mixing it all up into a great modern rock album.

-AW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...