Monday, February 3, 2014

Bong Breaker - (2014) Mountain

Another young band on the scene is Holland's Bong Breaker. I remember them from their first demo a couple years ago, thinking this seems above par and questioning if this band had the goods to go beyond a demo or not. I also thought they should change their name, but I wont get into that. It seems they have the goods, as they have just released their first album. Calling the album "Mountain", and really I cant think of a better title for the hugeness of the recording. I just really dig the guitar tone they achieved here, big and lumbering, like that huge fuzzy Muppet Sweetums.

You can tell these guys took a love of vintage gear and music, turned it all on it's head with modern recording techniques to create a monolithic heavy sound on Mountain. Vocally it brings to mind a little bit of Page Hamilton, from Helmet. I've been playing the shit out of this for the last couple days, and every time I hear it I like it even more. Some serious psychedelicfuzzdoom to bathe your head in for about 53 minutes. So impressed by these fairly young guys coming out with new and exciting music. It gives me hope for the future, and an ever growing realization that metal will never die. 

-Adam Walsh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...