Thursday, August 7, 2014

CODO - (2014) Super-Magic Powerful

Another two-piece you say? Isn't this a thing of the past that was not so long ago? Maybe? Now, perhaps its just me, but I find music from Europe and South America refreshing. Sure, some of it is the same old thing if you will, but it just feels right. So let me introduce you to Codo. a hard rocking stonerish band from Spain. They kick things off with the rifftastic, that’s right, rifftastic, cause I like it like that, semi-ferocious beauty. They mean business here, and this kind of business is quite enjoyable. They gear down just a tad segueing into "What Are You Talkin' About", no worries though, they lay down some real nice jamming here, and it gives the song a nice twist. So far its damn fine, then I hit "Morune", what have we here? What a treat, more and more I'm becoming a sucker for a good instrumental, and lo and behold, we've got one. Not so dreamy it is, it wont help you escape to that far planet in your head but it will certainly keep you nodding, and we need more of that nowadays. The rest of the album is one highlight after another. I've got to be honest here, I thoroughly enjoyed every song. Nothing groundbreaking, but who is? In a way they remind me of Tweak Bird having sex with At Devil Dirt (musically of course) if you don't know these two bands, you're an idiot. Now, with that being said, if you have to, check those guys out too. Before you do that, give these guys a listen. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. There is no better feeling than finding a band that is relatively new (at least to me) and being completely won over at the first listen. Not many bands do this for me anymore. especially new strangers, who now have become friends to these ears. Easily a 7.5, if not 8 out of 10 here. Maybe 8.5, I really dig this. You will too. -WB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...